3.10.2009

Nightwatch Notes. Year 3, Day 153.

A terrible day for our party.

In the early morning, we found out that Amaryllis's party favors were not in town. We took a train until afternoon, when we were deposited in foothills. Some druids were nearby. I wanted to approach them, but was halted in the cart by Ru and Gimble. I don't know why.

Eventually we had to abandon the cart, and as a non-rider and a slow walker, I became a liability to my party. Such shame I felt. Even worse was the fear that I would be left behind, because soon there were Dire Bears approaching behind us.

My Party did not leave me; there was a fight. My contribution was to administer one of the Potions of Enlarge Person I had brewed for the shifter, and to infuse him with Bull's Strength. I was glad that I had; he was able to defeat one of the bears astonishingly quickly this way. And here was my failure: I did not prepare my infusion of protection for the Dwarf before she had already charged at the other bear. I stood back helplessly as she - a rider, who did not have to wait for me, a walker - was killed.

We are all a bit shocked, I think.

By the time we had finished there, it was decidedly after dark. I couldn't see well when we recovered the airship full of party favors. We are now flying home to Evan and Amaryllis. Everyone who sleeps is asleep here in the bunkroom, except for Gimble, who is in the captain's quarters. Wait - where is Ru? Ru should be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment